Creator: Nick Legan, Pro Cycle Teams Mechanic.
Purpose: For those of you aspiring to join the pro ranks as a bicycle mechanic…
The Cycling Mechanic’s Manifesto
• Focus on the things you can control and do them well. For the rest, go with the flow.
• Pay attention and learn to listen. You’ll earn respect and improve more quickly.
• Work hard, really hard. But make sure to have some fun.
• Pack light.
• Remember that it’s not about you, it’s about the bike racers.
• There isn’t much room ego among staff members (nor is it helpful).
• Above all else look out for your riders’ safety and your sponsors.
Thanks to Tony Fahkry for submitting this manifesto!