Creator: Joseph Jaffe is Chief Interruptor of Powered and the author of three books, including Join the Conversation and Flip The Funnel.
Purpose: Customer Service has become “…one of the most mission critical components that can make or break a business. The Manifesto for Customer Service documents this sea change, introduces 10 new rules of customer service and introduces a key hypothesis namely that customer service needs to be elevated to the front office…” (from the manifesto, p2)
Manifesto – Ten New Rules of Customer Service
(key points only)
- Customer service doesn’t end at 5pm on Friday.
- Move from ‘everything communicates’ to ‘everyone communicates’.
- All customers are equal, but some are more equal than others.
- Customer service is not only about solving problems.
- Customer service lives ‘in the now’.
- Customer service can be a revenue generator.
- Customer service lives in the public domain.
- Customer service needs a memory.
- Customer service needs to be proactive and anticipatory.
- Customer service is alive.
Download the complete Manifesto: http://changethis.com/manifesto/show/68.06.ServiceManifesto
Author’s Blog: http://www.jaffejuice.com
More from Change This…
- Alina Tugend: The Mistake Manifesto
- Rob Walling: The Micropreneur Manifesto